DEPARTMENT: R&D Engineering
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
SUMMARY: Under direct supervision performs basic software design and maintenance for new and/or existing software products.
- Under general direction design, develops, maintains and troubleshoots software programs for applications in PC and client/server areas.
- Assist with defining requirements for new and/or existing software programs.
- Complete prototypes for new and/or existing software programs.
- Assist with complete program testing and develop specifications to resolve basic and moderately complex problems.
- Communicate new software features so internal and/or external customers.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required
Education & Experience:
Knowledge & Skills:
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related technology major.
- One - three years of related work experience.
- Visual Studio and .NET Framework class library.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF); preferred
- Experience with Windows Operating System, including Windows 7 and Windows Server.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to moderately high. Minimal travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to manipulate computer input devices, finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Sufficient mobility to enable travel to industrial sites, offices, and facilities is required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.