This position is primarily to script and successfully test automated software installations for Mac software that can be deployed to users in the enterprise. The candidate will also be involved in establishing standard processes, designing workflows and establishing sustainable procedures to encompass standards required for Mac software usage by the company. The resource will work with existing tool sets to accomplish Mac software requirements and also work in the windows environment to build utilities using software technologies required as a skill set for internal use in the department to assist in constant efficiency improvements.
This position will primarily focus on creating scripts to automate Mac software installations. The development skills will also be utilized to build utilities to support existing systems for teams operating within the department to assist in improving efficiencies in executing projects and completing tasks within required timelines. The position offers an opportunity to work in an environment that supports a user base of 100k with a growing catalog of services being offered by the department with the ability to contribute and improve skills within the norms of standard industry practices.
- Gather analyze business requirements for application installs
- Creation of automated Windows Installer based installations
- Creation of scripted installs to meet custom install requirements
- Creation of Patches and Transforms
- Resolution to complex installation issues
- Adherence and evolution of current Release Management Process
- Completion of Documentation to accompany projects through Certification
- Unit Testing of software packages created
- Customer/Client Interaction to troubleshoot installations, gather requirements, understand environment and create successful installations
- Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma/GED with 5+ years of comparable experience
- 3+ years experience with UNIX
- 2+ years experience with Perl and/or Batch scripting
- 2+ years experience with .NET development
UnitedHealth Group IT provides a diverse and comprehensive array of application design and infrastructure services designed to advance improved health and well-being for our customers, and to benefit UnitedHealth Group employees across the enterprise. Comprised of the Application Services Group, Enterprise Technology Services Group and the IT Business Services Group, UnitedHealth Group IT has over 7,000 internal and external resources across the globe, and offices in California, Connecticut, Minnesota, New Jersey, South Carolina, Wisconsin and India.
- Experience with Mac
- Experience with software packaging
- Experience working in a 5,000+ user environment
- Desktop support experience (either PC or Mac)
- Experience with Casper
- Experience with application virtualization
- Experience with Webservices
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 14 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...