The Software Developer is a production position responsible for applications development of web-based applications, supporting the existing infrastructure, as well as developing new applications and technologies. This role will also be responsible for technical design, development, testing and deployment of internal MDwise solutions. This person will work closely with various functional teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Document job functions for the use of the MDwise Information Services Department and Senior Reporting Team.
- Understand and adhere to MDwise HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Ensure that data is transmitted appropriately between MDwise, MDwise Business Partners, the State Office of Medicaid Policy and Planning, the State’s Fiscal Agent, and the State’s Enrollment Broker.
- Work directly with other MDwise departments and business partners to provide education on applications and procedures as appropriate.
- Work directly with other MDwise departments to research and resolve potential issues in applications.
- Execute the development/integration of functionality for new client server and/or web applications.
- Provide technical support for existing applications, including the development of enhancement requests and defect resolution.
- Work with business analysts to translate client requirements in to development projects.
- Provide project status and time accounting as required by IS administration.
- Encourage dissemination of technical methods to the project team and convey technical procedures as required.
- Research, relate and recommend technical solutions and relevant software application tools, utilities, environments and languages.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage a project and meet established guidelines.
- Advanced personal computer skills and the ability to use and program a variety of software applications, especially Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong development knowledge and skills, including developing secure web-based applications in a Microsoft ASP.NET environment.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL databases.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server platform.
- Knowledge of SQL programming.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server including creating and documenting database objects.
- Demonstrated experience with creating secure web applications.
- Familiarity with SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Familiarity with health care information system applications and technologies a plus.
- Takes initiative to actively share knowledge with and train others.
Minimum Qualification, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; equivalent information services experience required.
- Minimum 3 years experience developing applications, verifying outcomes, and logging results in an information services production environment required.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required to meet processing deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server including creating and documenting database objects.
- Experience with creating secure web applications necessary.
- Experience with SharePoint development a plus.
- Experience with application development lifecycle from requirements definition though testing and implementation required.
MDwise, Inc - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard