This position was posted on 1/9/2013
Your Team : IT Financial Operations
IT Financial Operations delivers advanced technology solutions that efficiently and effectively manage the collection and distribution of the universal service fund -- over $8 billion each year. We support the largest external customer base in USAC, and are dedicated to delivering value and quality on time, all of the time. We’re looking for committed and Agile individuals to join our customer-focused and consistently adapting team.
Your Role : Software Developer II - .Net - Term
You will provide support for critical business functions through the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications systems. Most importantly, a majority of your work will take place leveraging the use of .Net and related tools and resources.
- Supporting critical business functions through the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications and systems
- Contributing software development expertise to multiple projects and ensuring that specifications are met
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, maintaining, and documenting software applications
- Following established software development standards and procedures
- Working with complex application features and technical designs
- Participating in peer code and design reviews
- Coordinating with departments and users in the support of business applications
- Representing the IT department in terms of software development expertise in coordination with other departments
- Other duties, as assigned
The following skills are desired:
- You have gained 3 or more years of experience completing similar duties as outlined above
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and/or university (Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering)
- You have 3 or more years of experience with application development (including web and internet), software engineering, and design patterns
- You have 3 or more years of experience with T-SQL/SQL Server, and RDBMS concepts as well as Classic ASP, WebServices, TDD, and technical documentation
- You have 1 or more years with MVC, Entity Framework, as well as object oriented design and architecture
- You are an analytical thinker who solves problems and develops continually more effective solutions to them
- You can make informed decisions quickly and leverage your communication abilities to implement them
If interested, please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- You have previous experience with Agile software development such as SCRUM and XP
- You understand PL/SQL, J2EE, SOAP, Visual Basic, TFS 2010, and VS 2010
- You can apply knowledge of application security concepts, integrate application software and implement COTS products
- You possess knowledge of configuration management, and release management principles
USAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only principals will be accepted. No agencies please.
The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) is an independent, not-for-profit corporation designated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as the administrator of the federal universal service fund (USF). USAC collects universal service contributions from telecommunications carriers and administer universal service support mechanisms (programs) designed to help communities across the country secure access to affordable telecommunications services. Through administration of these programs, USAC provides support for high cost companies in rural areas, low-income consumers, rural health care providers, and schools and libraries.
USAC and its dedicated professional staff have expertise in all areas of administering federal universal service programs. As the administrator, USAC operates with a strong commitment to protecting the integrity of the fund and helping ensure affordable access to telecommunications services for communities across the country. This shared sense of purpose shapes a professional and diverse environment that encourages employees to grow and learn throughout their USAC careers. USAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, ongoing professional development opportunities, and balance between the demands of work and life. Our open-door policy promotes teamwork and collaboration. We invite you to apply and learn more about joining our team.
Universal Service Administrative Company - 2 years ago