Top Ten – Reasons you want to join the ABC team:
10. You understand the value of a stable, modern technology infrastructure backed by 30 years of business success
9. You want to be a part of a growing company serving a growing industry with a growing software development organization
8. You want to work with talented team members in a casual environment with open communication
7. Your opinions matter here - whether it's the technology we use, the products we produce, or the processes we use to meld them
6. You want to blend the dynamic variety of a consulting company or startup, with the stability of an established employer
5. You deserve an atmosphere that supports work-life balance with work from home opportunities and supportive leadership
4. You want real, meaningful promotion opportunities, providing growth in your skill set, status, and compensation
3. You want your passion and creativity to be appreciated and supported
2. Competitive salary and benefits are important to you
1. You’re a rock star developer, and you like to collaborate with others of your kind
We are a strong team of talented individuals with a wide range of complementary skill sets who enjoy challenging and ever-evolving projects. Our goal is to provide innovative, cutting edge software to our clients as part of our commitment to unparalleled service. To meet this goal, we develop our software solutions in an agile, dynamic environment and constantly strive to use the newest technologies.
SUMMARY: Develops applications to support business requirements. Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Expresses recommendations based on client feedback, product architecture, cost, quality, and delivery timelines
- Implementing test-driven development leveraging tools such JUnit, Maven, Ant, CVS, Subversion, and Cruise Control
- Appling Object-Oriented Design strategies and patterns
- May perform some DBA functions such as building data models, database designs, DB performance resolution, replication, and tuning.
- Balances development with significant contribution to the organization
- Works on moderately complex and critical tasks
- May lead small, short-duration projects.
- Makes an identifiable contribution with working projects that are less-critical, low-complexity projects.
- Participate in Daily Status update
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university
- 1 or more years’ experience in software development
- May have some experience with building and deploying J2EE applications
- Maybe a few years of multi-threaded server-side web application programming experience using agile development techniques
- Some experience with Linux and Oracle
- Possibly spent time developing and delivering B2B consumable web services
- Development experience with JDBC or object/relational persistence strategies
- Intermediate abilities to design, build, and deploy J2EE applications
- Knowledge of basic logic principles – Boolean logic, application of logical expressions with And,Or, Not logic
ABC Financial Services, Inc. - 4 months ago