The American health care industry is undergoing tremendous change. High deductible health plans have been on the rise for years, causing patients to take on more responsibility for an ever-increasing portion of their medical bills. The Affordable Care Act is expected to drive more than 30 million newly insured patients to these types of plans, which will only intensify the situation.
With higher out-of-pocket healthcare expenses come a larger number of people who have trouble paying their medical bills. Unpaid medical bills can lead to financial crisis for patients, and can keep them from getting the care they need, when they need it. For healthcare providers, unpaid medical bills can lead to increased write-offs and a weaker financial footing, threatening their ability to provide quality care to their community.
Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon, just outside Portland, CarePayment offers healthcare finance solutions that improve financial performance for healthcare providers, increase patient satisfaction and loyalty, and are fully compliant with applicable state and federal consumer credit laws. CarePayment partners with healthcare providers to offer co-branded patient-friendly financing programs with the retail-like engagement, service, and technology experience consumers expect.
Founded in 2004, CarePayment is an industry leader now serving more than 130 facilities and clinics and 1.1 million patients with $700 million in life-to-date balances. CarePayment is backed by Aequitas Capital Management, which builds income-producing alternative investment solutions for institutional and high net worth clients. With this foundation, CarePayment has the financial strength to expand its best-in-class solutions to an even wider market. Our mission is to help people access and pay for healthcare and help providers maintain a strong presence in their community.
This position is responsible for ongoing design and development of the CarePayment software suite. This individual must be forward-thinking and share in a common vision of quality, integrity and efficiency. Successful candidates must be able to work independently as well as be a team player in our agile environment.
• Technical analysis and design of systems, applications, processes, and components
• Ongoing development of CarePayment software suite
• .NET, C# software development
• SQL Server database design and development
• Technical liaison and resource for any outsourced development teams
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• 1-5 years of progressive experience .NET programming
• 1-5 years of progressive experience C# programming
• 1-5 years of experience with SQL Server database design and development
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Familiarity with unit-testing techniques
• Experience with SQL Server database design and development
• Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment
• Willingness to uphold the philosophies outlined in The Aequitas Way
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
• Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
Aequitas Capital offers a competitive base salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability benefits, as well as an employer-match 401(k) plan.
Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Established in 1993, Aequitas Capital Management is an alternative investment firm providing private equity and commercial finance products...