Altarum Institute is seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic Software Developer to work alongside a great team of Senior Software Developers in our Ann Arbor, MI headquarters within our Information and Technology Strategies (ITS) group. During your career at Altarum, you will have the opportunity to make important contributions to multiple projects such as java based web applications for public health, clinical decision support tools and mobile application development
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, since 1946. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI our focus is solely on improving health and health care. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based solutions to its clients and funders. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
• Use Java and other SW development tools to design, write, test, and document computer programs, subroutines, and scripts to meet project objectives. Make important contributions to a web-based surveillance tool that allows for the electronic gathering and geographic mapping of disease data, disease reports, and care assignments.
• While maintaining current production code, you must demonstrate a willingness to step into new roles and learn new technologies quickly.
• Be innovative and share ideas as we evaluate new or alternative data processing techniques to determine their usefulness in meeting project needs and deadlines.
• Possess an entrepreneurial mindset in helping to investigate and resolve system failures in order to reduce the system downtime.
• Assist in preparing and maintaining System and Application documentation.
• Maintain and enhance several Michigan Public Health Systems via requirements gathering, system design, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
• BS in Computer Science would be great, but if you can write great code and have an impressive Java coding sample to back it up, we want to hear from you.
• 0-3 years of experience working on Java applications, a good grasp of the language, and basic Object Orientation concepts.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a quick learner. You should have a broad base of software development experience, and be interested in continuing to grow technically.
Altarum Institute integrates objective research and client-centered consulting skills to deliver comprehensive, systems-based solutions that improve health and health care. A nonprofit, Altarum Institute serves clients in the public and private sectors.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 18 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...