Argo Group US currently has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Software Developer located in San Antonio, TX. This enthusiastic, self-motivated individual will be part of a team-oriented environment in the Information Technology Department.
Under direct supervision, assists in research and fact-finding to develop or modify information systems. Assists in preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. This is an entry level position targeted to individuals who have had sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify them to start in application systems analysis and programming. Software Developers usually focus on small projects and changes to existing applications.
With guidance, a Software Developer will execute many aspects of the software development lifecycle, with a strong emphasis on application coding, unit testing, and documentation.
- Knowledge of JBI, ServiceMix, Apache Camel a plus
- Gather requirements, assist with design, develop, debug, produce, refine, test, deploy and document software systems and applications within assigned time and cost constraints
- Must be self motivated and have the ability to effectively operate in a dynamically changing matrix environment
In addition, you will share in the core values, which are key to our success: having courage to do the right thing; Inspiration/innovation/creativity; harnessing the potential of all individuals; and sharing a commitment to excellence.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 1-3 Years of experience in application development or similar technical aspect of IT.
- Customer focused attitude in dealing with internal customers
- Must be familiar with all phases of the application development lifecycle
- Previous experience with application unit testing processes preferred.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you want to be part of an organization that is built on integrity, trust and respect, where teamwork and individual excellence are valued, please submit your qualified resume and cover letter.