This position can be placed in: HOUSTON, TX or CHICAGO, IL
Do you want to energize your career by joining our dynamic team? We are seeking exceptionally experienced Microsoft-centric Software Developers to help create new features and expand upon old ones for a rapidly growing online media property.
If so, we have the position for you!
We’re looking for someone who has a broad range of experience in Microsoft development technologies and philosophies. This person should possess the detailed application development skills required to build new solution components, update existing programs, and/or other aspects of our production sites like accessmylibrary.com, encyclopedia.com, highbeam.com, answers.encyclopedia.com, and questia.com.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for things like:
• Developing, maintaining, and following coding standards using C# and .NET technologies
• Working with fellow developers, User Experience team members, QA staff, and business people through the stages of design, development, QA, launch, and maintenance
• Translating detailed designs and user experience descriptions into front-end code
• Documenting best practices for maintaining code
• Participating in code reviews and daily scrums
• Serving as an advocate for end users of all HighBeam brands and Web properties
As a part of the Development team, the Web Developer creates and implements site enhancements and improvements for all Web properties operated by Questia. This position requires a broad range of experience with developing code and improving the technical performance of our high-traffic Web sites.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
• A 4 year Degree and 2 years of recent, relevant work history OR 4 years of recent relevant work history
• A strong C# and .NET background
• MS SQL Server experience
• Object-orientated design skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at both a business and technical level
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivation, a positive outlook, and excellent organizational skills
• Creating and Consuming WCF/Web Services
• Experience with the Microsoft development suite, .NET 3.5 or later, MVC, jQuery, Flash, AJAX, the Agile development process, VB.NET, and LLBL
• Experience with transactional, subscription-based, and/or advertising-supported B2C sites
• Experience with SEO, UI design, A/B multivariate testing, online advertising, MVC, writing unit tests, TDD, TFS
• Experience developing for mobile devices
Cengage Learning is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
CengageCareers Account Login
If you do not remember your password click here .
Back to Search Results
Cengage Learning - 18 months ago
Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library...