GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009 and 2010, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
• Self-motivated, detail oriented individual with strong closure skills
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced collaborative, innovative environment with minimal direct supervision.
• Consult closely with peers, management.
• Perform software development in an agile environment, attend daily scrum, report progress, maintain documentation and develop training materials as required.
• Ability to identify need for and develop scripts to improve integration process efficiency and effectiveness.
• Experience working in LINUX and Windows environments
• Ability to perform SW defect isolation including code and data analysis
• Consult closely with management and occasionally external partners related to projects and tasks.
• Consult colleagues concerning maintenance and performance of software systems.
• Develop, update, and maintain software documentation
Minimum qualifications include:
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Strong communications skills required.
• Knowledge of DoD processes and procedures desired.
• The following skills are highly desired in order of importance:
• Group 2: Knowledge of and experience with WPF, the Google Earth plugin, Oracle, Apache Solr, SQLite, Eclipse.
• Group 3: Knowledge of and experience with LINUX OS, Puppet, HADOOP, SOLR, Zookeeper, Accumulo, PostgreSQL\PostGIS and Pentaho desired.
• Knowledge of Software Security Engineering desired.
• Must possess a TS/SCI Clearance in JPAS or transferable to JPAS
Essential Duties of the Job:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to communicate cultural information to client in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Bonuses
- 10 Federal Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Wellness Plan
- Corporate-Sponsored Events