Reports to: Application Development Manager Department: IT
Revision Date: 12/11/12 Location: Crete
The software developer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
Strategy & Planning
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of software users.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software installation.
- Commitment to Quality standards and process is required.
- Some Travel may be required for field testing and troubleshooting.
- Ability to walk on rough stones, limited inclines, climb ladder stairs into equipment, be trained and work safely in railroad environment.
- Able to handle typical weather extremes while working in field.
Formal Education & Certification
Knowledge & Experience
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and/or [2+] years equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of development experience with vb.net, PL/Sql, Crystal Reports
- 5+ years of development experience.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented programming concepts and strong architectural skills.
- Any experience in the following is an added benefit to the applicant:
- Mobile application development – Windows Mobile, iOS
- Excel VBA
- Oracle, MySql database
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle
- Familiarity with software development methodologies.
- Creating and distribution of Installation packages is desired
- Knowledge in working with file format and databases is desired
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly logical.
- Technically proficient.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Creativity in the case of application design.
Wage Type: Exempt
Holland LP - 21 months ago