Think Good Will Hunting meets The A-Team to grasp the kind of Developer who clicks at Hulu: one moment staring at a whiteboard trying to prove the Riemann Hypothesis and then 15 minutes later working with other Developers on the architecture for a cheap file storage solution to be used for transcoding petabytes of data. We are looking for Developers who have a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, experience across multiple technologies and applications, and the ability to learn quickly.
Key Objectives and Activities
- Contribute to the design of the architecture and implementation of video streaming applications
- Invent novel solutions to challenging technical problems
- Improve performance, scalability, and availability of our internal systems
- Diagnose and debug issues in production environments
- Collaborate with researchers, program managers, and product designers in an open, creative environment
Experience with the following technologies and applications is preferred but not required:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Master's is a plus
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Broad cross-disciplinary development experience, including strong experience with test-driven development
- In-depth knowledge of web-service/data-driven application architecture
- A good sense of what goes into making a successful consumer product
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
Since we're clearly into lists, here's a Top 5 for how you know you need to work at Hulu in no particular order:
- Objective-C, Java
- Cocoa and/or Cocoa Touch (Mac OS/iOS)
- Ruby or Python
- Streaming video to mobile devices
- Securing content on mobile devices
- Content encoding
- Multi-tier web applications
You fall asleep thinking of ways to search through 100 billion sheep
You recently had a nightmare that involved an unbalanced red-black binary tree
You can compress better than H.264
You actively contribute to GitHub
You rule at ping-pong, eating contests or Project Euler
If you're the kind of developer who obsesses over indentation (spaces or tabs), monitoring services, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new math challenges then Hulu may be the place for you.
Hulu is an equal opportunity employer.
Hulu is a go-to service for online TV. The company operates an ad-supported website Hulu.com that allows viewers to watch online video...