Description/Job Summary Provides expertise and direction in the development and/or modification of computer-based scientific, technical, and business software systems. Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software. May work in one or several areas, such as
equipment or software design, engineering evaluation or test, configuration management procedures, statistical analysis and modeling. Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives. Provides analytical support and technical advice during
the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases. Plans and schedules new applications systems projects with user, systems software, and computer center operations personnel, including the identification of objectives, time frames, costs, and
manpower requirements. Performs tasks necessary to ensure the identification and documentation of hazards within software systems using various analysis tools and techniques. Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial
directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety. Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation. May perform as a project lead with the responsibility for
the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned systems developers / analyst working on a specific project.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related Technical Discipline
- At least five (5) years of experience developing scalable web applications.
- At least five (5) years of experience with relational database programming: ORM tools (e.g. iBatis, Hibernate), SQL skills, Oracle 10 or higher, JDBC, CASE Studio.
- At least five (5) years of experience in building applications using the following technologies: Spring, SpringMVC, Java Server Faces, JBOSS SEAM, JSP, Struts, XML/XSLT, XHTML.
- Demonstrated experience with the following programming languages and technologies: Java, J2EE, ANT, IDEs (Eclipse, NetBeans, etc.), revision control tools (e.g. Subversion).
- Demonstrated experience Programming/Coding/Scripting in PHP, Java, .NET
- Demonstrated experience with different web application servers, e.g. Tomcat, Apache.
- Demonstrated experience with SharePoint designer including data views and InfoPath forms
- Demonstrated experience with Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010
- Demonstrated experience with Service Oriented Architecture and Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Demonstrated experience with code optimization and performance tuning
- Demonstrated experience working with remote/offsite team members.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize a database and or lists
- Demonstrated experience developing in an Enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience with basic project management skills commensurate with IT PM related duties
THIS IS A CONTINGENT POSITION
- Possess Level III certification in Information Assurance (IA) in accordance with DoD8570.01M “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program”.
- Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified
- Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) is desired.
Jorge - 24 months ago