This mission centered full-time position, under the supervision of the IT Manager, is responsible for developing software, primarily using PHP and related technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Strategic planning with the IT Manager and Systems Analyst
• Creating software specifications
• Analyzing software requirements
• Software design and development
• Software implementation
• Creating and maintaining of software documentation
• Testing and gathering feedback from testers
• Maintenance of software
• Staying up to date on required technologies
A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities can be acquired is necessary. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by foundation.
KNOWLEDGE AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Demonstrated expertise and a minimum of 3 years development experience with required technologies
• Expert with PHP 5.x (Frameworks preferred)
• Extensive knowledge and experience with SQL and relational databases
• Extensive knowledge of web technologies such as HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS, Web Services, etc
• Knowledge of patterns and techniques used heavily in developing web applications such as MVC, Active Record, ORM, etc
• Experience with a version control system
• Familiar with agile software development techniques
• Basic Windows and Linux administration
• Basic DBA skills
• Ability to multi-task
Employee must be able to work independently and take initiative in accomplishing work. Will require professional interaction with outside agencies and internal staff. Must have a high attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to handle the mental/physical strain involved in the use of computer screens. Moderate manual dexterity for basic keyboard work. May require long periods of sitting and concentration and require lifting and/or moving of heavy objects.
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Saving Sight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants. Saving Sight does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Saving Sight reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution.
Saving Sight is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to change lives by saving sight. Founded in Columbia in 1960, the...