Plum Creek is one of the largest landowners in the United States, with 6.8 million acres and over 40 offices from coast-to-coast. We are a publicly traded company (NYSE: PCL), listed on the S&P 500 and headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We currently have an opening for a Software Developer in our Columbia Falls, Montana office. Our 80 person IT team is headquartered in Montana and is driven and passionate about their desire to deploy technology and initiatives which help our businesses achieve Plum Creek's goals. For more information about Plum Creek's IT Operating Model, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP5Pxk3jv4w&feature=youtu.be
About Columbia Falls and NW Montana
Columbia Falls is located in Montana's scenic Flathead Valley, which is a year-round outdoor paradise with easy access to world-class hiking, skiing/snowboarding, rafting, biking, backpacking, fly-fishing and sightseeing. Columbia Falls and the surrounding cities of Kalispell, Whitefish and Bigfork offer an excellent quality of life, close-knit communities, as well as a wide array of shopping, restaurants and activities for all ages. Our office is located just 15 miles from the entrance to Glacier National Park, one of the crown jewels of the Rockies and home to some of the most beautiful mountains and lakes in America.
As a Software Developer specializing in Forestry Systems on Plum Creek's Application Development Services Team, you will have the opportunity to add value through the delivery of Information Technology solutions while working in an enterprise technology environment. Plum Creek's Forestry IT team provides application services to multiple units within the organization, including Business Intelligence, Forest Management, Settlement and Supply Chain. You will be focused on supporting our Forestry team but will also gain insight into Land, Manufacturing, Corporate and other business segments. As a member of the Plum Creek IT team, you will work in a collaborative, customer focused, dynamic environment with an emphasis on continuous quality improvements and innovative ways of leveraging our technology stack in a consistent manner. Your growth will be facilitated by opportunities to collaborate with Developers, Project Managers/Analysts, Network Analysts, Architects, vendors, consultants, self-study, and external training.
As a Software Developer - Forestry Systems , you will have the following primary responsibilities:
Application Programming (45%)
Technical Design (20%)
- Create and document structured code that is easily maintained by other programmers
- Design, develop, test, and document business solution using Microsoft tools and SQL server
- Test and debug programs and ensure that all the code follows IT technical standards
Application Deployment (20%)
- Apply structured analysis and design techniques to translate high-level design specifications into detailed design documents that utilize the most appropriate technology and design patterns available
- Work closely with business analysts to ensure alignment between functional design and resulting software produced
Technical Project Leadership (15%)
- Work closely with the infrastructure and software development teams to define and document development standards, perform code reviews, and prepare technical documentation
- Manage the overall application build and code promotion processes
Specific projects for this position in 2014 potentially include:
- Develop a sound understanding of relevant business processes in order to most effectively create software solutions and services
- Lead the Construction phase of the overall software development lifecycle, including the specific development activities and collaboration between internal and external development resources as well as work closely with the Project Managers and Analysts
- Provide technical support to users
- Business Intelligence program updates and enhancement releases
- Forestry web applications upgrades
- PC Services Settlement Enhancement and Integration
- Release Management and Build and Deployment Improvement
- Windows 8.1 Analysis, Office 2013 Analysis and Browser Upgrades
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
Skills (Ideal candidate will have a significant mix of the following skills)
- Three or more years of progressive, relevant Information Technology experience required
- Experience as a developer or engineer in a corporate environment, including all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle strongly preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Thorough technical understanding of the .NET Framework, tools and concepts
- Application development background with knowledge and experience in the development of distributed/scalable systems and high volume transaction applications using Microsoft.Net and SQL server or others
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical owners
- Ability to support a collaborative atmosphere by actively soliciting input from others and promote an environment where all team members feel comfortable sharing and discussing their ideas and where the opinions of others are respected
- Ability to build productive working relationships with team members and customers, while effectively sorting through the pieces of complicated problems and separating key issues allowing the team to focus on the important tasks
- Thorough technical understanding of the systems development methodology best practices and concepts.
- Exposure in application creation using technologies like C#.NET, XML, ADO.NET and Office tools
- In depth understanding of database design, SQL server, stored procedure and T-SQL
- Exposure to SQL server integration services, SQL Server Reporting Services and or other integration, reporting tools
- Ability to effectively create, document, and perform detailed application testing.
- Ability to partner with externals for implementation and/or ongoing maintenance.
- Preferred skills include: Business Intelligence, Data Mining, Data Warehouse, SharePoint, Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Excellent starting salary based on experience
- Targeted annual bonus: 22%
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, paid vacation and more
- Excellent retirement package: 401k (with match up to 6%) as well as a company-funded Pension Plan
- Market leading relocation package (including two household move options plus a generous cash stipend to cover relocation-related expenses.)
Plum Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status and/or protected veteran status.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
*If you have questions about this opportunity or need technical assistance in the application process, please contact our recruiting team via email at email@example.com or by phone at (406)892-6402.
Plum Creek - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Plum Creek is one of the largest private landowners in the United States, with 6.8 million acres from coast-to-coast. We are headquartered...