This individual will design, code, test and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle.
Specific Duties Include:
- Consistently write, translate and code software programs and applications according to design specifications.
- Recommend, schedule and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and training materials.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, or 1-3 years equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of the Java programming language, Microsoft .NET and Microsoft SQL.
- Working knowledge of XML and web services is desirable.
- Experience working in a team programming environment.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly logical with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.