We are looking for a Software Developer with the experience, drive, and passion to make a difference in what we do.
Our Engineering team incorporates best practices from Agile methodologies including TDD, pair programming, and intensive collaboration with product owners. Our environment rewards and encourages taking personal responsibility.
We push to produce organized, component based software with fast tests.
We encourage giving back to the open source community. We have a handful of open source projects .
Sittercity will actively support your professional development through code reviews, code retreats, conferences, technical-debt Fridays, hack nights, and weekly talks.
This opportunity can either be work-based in our Chicago office or remotely.
- 3-4 years of experience writing software with Ruby
- 3-4 years of web development experience with Ruby on Rails or Sinatra
- Direct experience with the development and maintenance of large-scale, mission-critical web applications
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Solid understanding of SQL database programming
- Solid understanding of source control management and continuous integration
- Familiar with messaging frameworks, knowledge of RabbitMQ is a plus
- A true passion for technology, demonstrated by work on independent and open source projects
Sittercity operates in a casual and fun environment in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Perks include weekly on-site fitness classes, unlimited healthy snacks, weekly team lunches and quarterly outings. In addition, we offer a very competitive benefits package include Health, Dental, Short/Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) and three weeks of paid time off to start.
Sittercity is a Recipient of the 2014 Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress.
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.