Do you get excited about developing software to solve problems? Do you have a desire to see your work provide safe transportation to hundreds of thousands of students across the nation, and globe? Do you want to help come up with new ideas to analyze and collect data to optimize resources used by school systems? Do you find yourself writing code on your own to learn new technologies and solve your own issues? Come join our team and help shape the future!
We have a dynamic development environment with opportunities at all levels to provide input on design and architecture. As a member of our development team you will have the opportunity to develop applications that range in technology from desktop applications performing complex data collection, analysis, mapping and routing algorithms; web based HTML5 applications in dynamic scaling environments using cloud technology; and mobile applications.
We are currently seeking to fill multiple software development positions with experience from entry level to senior level. Candidates must haveexperience with Microsoft suite of development tools: .NET, Visual Basic, and SQL Server. Experience with WCF, WebAPI, REST, JQuery, MapInfo, AWS, SVN, git, and iOS is also desirable.
- Code, test, debug, implement, and document highly complex programs.
- Design systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs.
- Gather information from existing systems, analyze program and time requirements, and assist Development Manager in preparing time estimates and justification for tasks.
- Support Transfinder personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems. Work with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provide technical advice on complex programming.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three or more years of programming or testing experience
- Intermediate to advanced-level experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation, and testing of programs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with clients and team members
- Ability to work as part of team and independently