Purpose of Position:
Responsible for maintenance of existing systems and the architecture, design, development and implementation of high quality applications being developed on n-tier and service oriented architectures.
• Develop web application content and in accordance with functional and technical specifications
• Maintain existing codebase and implement incremental improvements in design and performance
• Work with business and application users to define and design robust and user centric applications solutions.
• Work as part of development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced environment
• Work with offshore resources to enhance project development quality and decrease time to production
• Onsite regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job
• Perform other functions or tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Must have strong C# and ASP.NET front end, middle tier and back end development experience for heavily trafficked web sites and heavily used windows form applications
• Must have strong SQL server development experience including familiarity with highly efficient table and stored procedure design
• 5+ years experience with ASP.Net and C# on web applications
• Must have 1+ years experience with Classic ASP and ability to develop and maintain ASP pages in an existing system.
• Must demonstrate proficiency with the following:
• CSS/XSLT/Master Pages
• Must have a thorough understanding of structured programming design techniques and best-practice design patterns used to create high-quality, robust and readable code
• Must have experience in all phases of the Software Development Life cycle.
• An understanding of medical insurance is a plus.
• Non-technical attributes:
• Able to support development standards
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
• Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude
• B.S. degree or above in Computer Science highly preferred
Word & Brown Companies - 11 months ago