As a Software Development Engineer in this team, you will be completely responsible for the design, engineering, testing, release, and support of your tools. You will own the UI, services, algorithms, and data storage associated with these areas. You will build machine learning services that delivers visible product to live customers using our rich data sets. Our team is deeply invested in the personal growth of our developers through peer interactions and regular discussions with management on career development. You will grow, and you will have the independent ability to make a difference in this space for the thousands of representatives who use our tool and the millions of customers they support.
Specifically, our team is building systems that will utilize the data we have on historical interactions to learn how to optimize the distribution of our staffing for customer service contacts. Our system will be real time responsive to contact volume fluctuations and our data will illustrate problems with our models.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent program with formal training in computer science basics such as data structures, sorting/searching algorithms, order analysis
- 3+ years of experience in C++ and/or Java
- Fluency in Java and core Java classes
- Deep experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery
- Communication skills for both a technical and business audience
- Eagerness to deeply understand the goals and challenges of customer service operations
- Linux experience a plus
- Lean methodology experience a plus
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online....