AmazonFresh is Amazon’s grocery and non-grocery home delivery pilot in Seattle that delivers unique selection and incredible convenience to our customers. Customers order fresh produce, locally-sourced meat and seafood, dry goods, and non-grocery items; select the time slot of their choice for delivery; and find our trucks at their homes when the time arrives.
We have an exciting new product idea and are looking for supremely talented software engineers to be involved in all aspects of taking this business to the next level and delivering a product that is deceptively simple yet will change the way people shop.
The AmazonFresh engineering team is responsible for the entire e-commerce software stack for this business, from the customer-facing website to mobile applications to inventory optimization and more. The team uses agile software development methodologies to solve complex technical problems in domains including distributed systems, website and mobile application development, personalization, product search, quantitative optimization, and usability.
You should be passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience and development of high quality, well tested, maintainable code using Ruby, Rails, Java, MySQL, and other open source technologies. We use Scrum, Kanban, test-driven development, and pair programming to meet business objectives, building our software incrementally, ship code continuously, and refactoring systems as needed. We strive to maintain a reasonable work-life balance on our team by setting the expectation that most work will be completed during core hours. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
- 2+ years in software development
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Proven track record in delivering features in agile environment
- Understanding and experience in object-oriented design and data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience building web based applications.
Amazon.com - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...