You’re making memories every day. Maybe you’re taking photos of the kids at the playground, shooting a video of your vacation on the beach, or writing your next great novel. On the Kindle Fire and beyond, Amazon’s Cloud Drive team brings your media to life and puts your documents at your fingertips. In the Cloud Drive team, we want to help people secure and store their digital life.
We’re looking for a software engineer to help us revolutionize how customers manage and interact with all their digital content on Android related devices. As a key member of the Cloud Drive team you will be an innovator, playing a direct role in shaping and building widely-used, highly-visible mobile applications that work on a wide range of devices and platforms and delights customers. Come be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged.
You should have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development, be able to provide technical leadership to the team, and have a deep understanding of best practices in various languages/technologies. You should love creating things and take great personal pride in building customer facing experiences.
- Experience building Java and Android applications
- Strong problem solving skills and computer science fundamentals
- Expert working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
- Expert working knowledge of design patterns
- Relentless customer focus
- Working knowledge of REST service patterns and other client/server interaction models
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science OR related field, or 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with OpenGL
- Experience with image processing and analysis
- Experience with video compression
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...