Software Development Engineer, Kindle Content Platform
Amazon.com is looking for talented and enthusiastic software engineers to join the Digital Monetary Transaction Services team. As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to build efficient and scalable services which will process millions of transactions to support accounting for Amazon's digital media offerings, including Amazon Kindle, Amazon Instant Video, Amazon MP3 and Amazon Appstore for Android.
You will be responsible for designing end-to-end applications, and using the latest technologies to create reliable and efficient solutions to tricky technical problems at incredible scale. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a passion for solving problems, deep technical knowledge of Java, and the ability to deliver high quality results.
To learn more about the Kindle team at Amazon, visit www.amazon.com/careers/kindle and apply now.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field, or 2+ years relevant work experience
- 2+ yrs of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- 2+ yrs of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- 2+ yrs of Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 2+ yrs of demonstrated experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, or C#.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred
Amazon.com - 12 months ago