The Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is launching a new service, and we need an experienced Software Engineer to help set the architecture and deliver v1 of our new service. As a member of the team, responsibilities will include working with product and program management to refine the product requirements, working with other senior technical staff to define the architecture, and being a primary contributor in the implementation and launch of the new product.
In this role, you will own significant portions of the product. You will have significant influence on our overall technology design, drive system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality v1 product. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating a reliable, scalable, and high performance service requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals.
The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about start-up opportunities, and have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. He or she has strong OO design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web services and protocols (HTTP/XML/REST), and an in-depth knowledge of distributed systems architectures based on SOA.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of industry experience.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience building and dev-operating applications with AWS
- Strong technical credentials, with development expertise in OOP
- Experience with IT management technologies within an enterprise
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
Amazon.com - 17 months ago