The primary responsibility of the Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is to lead the effort to work with the development and SQA teams to develop component test scripts, create new test harnesses and implement the new component scripts. Modifies and maintains automated test infrastructure for existing applications to fit specialized needs and configurations, and maintains program libraries and technical documentation.
- Lead in the requirements definition, design and development of a robust, extensible test harness for the company's functional test automation.
- Participate in defining automation test strategy, structure and methodology. In conjunction with agile team members
- Responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios.
- Execute and interpret test automation results.
- Debug and troubleshoot complex issues, assist with root-cause analysis and provide solutions.
- Track defects / issues and enhancements.
- Prepare reports documenting test execution results.
- Lead the effort to evaluate and select the toolset(s) to use for functional automated testing.
- Assist with the research and development of test automation best practices.
- Interpret test automation results.
- Maintain strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Participate in defining automation test strategy, structure and methodology.
- In conjunction with Business and Software Quality Assurance Analysts, responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios.
- A thorough knowledge of the Windows operating system.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or bachelor's degree with equivalent experience.
- Experience working with architects, developers, SQA analysts and project managers to understand and recommend how test automation will be utilized.
- Previous experience working in a Scrum agile software development environment is preferred.
Must be flexible, independent and self motivated.
- At least 5 years of OO programming in at least one of the following languages: Ruby, Java, C# or C++.
- Advanced skills in test design and coverage.
- Ability to develop and communicate complex test strategies to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of programming in COM and various API's including the Win32 API and Microsoft Office automation objects.
- Experience working with Visual Studio .NET or Ruby on Rails is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of programming through ODBC and relational databases, including complex SQL queries.
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Strong ability to multitask. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Hear what our employees have to say about working at Medidata Solutions. http://www.maddash.net/videos/medidata
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Medidata Solutions - 10 months ago