Job Description - Software Development Engineer Lead (132266) |
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Software Development Engineer Lead - Job Number: 132266
Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Coordinates work teams. Provide technical support to project team members. Demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Coordinate technical aspects of project deliverables with the assistance of other department specialists.
Domestic or international travel may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with technical management to support high availability services in all phases of the software development process.
- Develop applications to include:
- Code development per project coding standards.
- Development of unit test plans.
- Code and module testing.
- Implementation of code that follows efficient design techniques.
- Code that meets and exceeds the intent of the design of the application.
- Collaborate with other teams to design and implement systems that will provide long term scalability, reliability, and performance for business systems.
- With minimal or no direction, perform complex assignments with an emphasis on detail and quality.
- Identify risks and provide solutions to complex issues.
- Demonstrate analytical skills assessing product requirements and functional specifications.
- Contribute to project estimations and risk analysis.
- Mentor less experienced members of the team in technology and processes.
- Provides direction as needed in the form of issue and task prioritization and scheduling.
- Should be able to demonstrate a working relationship with other business groups to help implement technical solutions.
- Ability to think creatively, work under pressure and demonstrate strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail & works well in a team environment.
ops, writes and implements software programming applications. Coordinates work teams. Provide technical support to project team members. Demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Coordinate technical aspects of project deliverables with the assistance of other department specialists.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Domestic or international travel may be required.
BS or BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field.
Education and/or Experience
5+ year hands-on development experience implementing solutions that is portable, robust, scalable and secure.
0-2 years supervisory/leadership experience
Experience with B2B applications.
Experience with distributed system architecture and design.
Experience with relational database technologies.
Excellent programming, code development, code debugging and testing skills, troubleshooting skills, development environments, programming languages and architectures.
Excellent knowledge of development methodologies and technologies, such as Object Oriented design and analysis, n-tier architectures and distributed environments.
Thorough working knowledge of the application development and application integration processes, methodologies and their direct implementation to applications projects.
Solid knowledge of Web based technologies.
Understanding of application coding methodologies and the SDLC model.
May supervises junior members of team.
May initiates projects, develops project proposals and plans work execution.
Helps to resolve conflicts within team.
Work is performed without appreciable direction.
Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
May provide input on hiring decisions of technical team members.
Develops and prioritizes own and others goals and workloads to meet project objectives and deadlines.
Influences team decisions and results.
Mentors team members and may prepare and present seminars to them.
Provides effective and clear direction to technical staff members on assignments/tasks.
Facilitates team/department meetings.
Drives open communication environment and ensures timely flow of information, ideas and solutions.
Initiates efforts to overcome team barriers.
Coordinates activities/efforts of internal organizations, external vendors and/or customers.
Challenges assumptions, thinks “out-of-the-box”.
Influences direction, decision, and outcome through presenting information to various levels.
Provides input into company’s technology strategy.
Communicates effectively in English in written and verbal form.
Write reports with correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and good structure.
Read, analyze, and interpret complex, technical and business documents.
Documentation & Presentation Skills
- Recommends solutions for defined processes.
- Develops methodologies for projects.
- May provide input into group’s technical strategy.
- Recognized as an expert in area of responsibility.
- Knows technical advances within the industry and applies this knowledge to ECS’s products and processes.
- Effectively presents information, ideas, perspective to peers, team members and managers and responds to questions.
- Speaks effectively one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Reads and analyzes technology journals and interprets documents, such as technical reports and instructions.
- Follows documentation requirements.
- Ability to summarize and communicate data.
- Ability to assess technology literature.
- Effectively presents data to team/department.
- Provide solutions to a wide range of difficult technology problems.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively in team environment, contributing to teams results.
- Accepts direction, listens to and considers others ideas/concerns.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Maintains confidentiality for all technology projects and areas of business development.
- Promotes open communication environment.
- Model sharing of ideas, solutions, and information to keep others informed, solves problems and increases research awareness/ability of others.
- Works on difficult research projects of limited scope.
- Applies mastery of skills in area of specialization to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
- Duties and tasks show substantial variety and complexity.
Job : Product Development
Primary Location : United States
Other Locations : United States-California-Costa Mesa
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : 21-Oct-13, 2:45:42 PM
Brand : Experian
Reasonable Accommodation Experian provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request
in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com
or 714-830-5022. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Experian will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Experian.
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help...