The Software Development Engineer role is responsible for developing new products and adding features to existing video delivery products like DRM, ABR and encryption.
- Follow design parameters and accepted design methodologies and principles and/or coordinate the development of system components and processes.
- Performs design and problem solving to meet specifications or requirements.
- Create internal documentation pertinent to the developers area of responsibility. These include assessments of evaluated technologies, contributions to design documentation, summary of unit testing observations, and product build notes.
- Assists in the definition, design, process to ultimately meet customer objectives.
- Code, test, debug, implement and documents programs.
- Research, analyze and modify new and existing functionality to ensure requirements are meet
- Preparing design documents for new and existing products.
- Assist in resolving production support problems.
- Solves technical problems encountered in assigned areas.
- Assist in the completion of unit testing by preparing test data, running tests and evaluating results.
- Review and make suggestions to test plans to insure test coverage is appropriate for the products under test.
- Conducts routine quality activities such as code reviews.
- Remains abreast on industry technical trends and remain current with industry standards based on developers area of expertise.
- Must work independently on specifically designed tasks.
- Able to work in an agile team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
o Experience with web service development and consumption actions
- B.S, Degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge and familiarity with common ABR formats such as; Adobe HDS, Apple HLS, and Microsoft MSS.
- In depth knowledge of audio and video coding standards and technologies such as MPEG, H.26x, etc.
- Knowledge of content security best practices, trade-offs, pitfalls and implementations
- Hands-on content security and DRM experience and implementation in a professional environment
- Network security architecture, protocols and software development (PKI, AAA, etc.)
- Able to develop White Papers and other technical documents for review and presentation to internal and external groups.
- 5+ years C/C++ experience in LAMP environment
- Windows experience a plus
- Experience with C/C++, HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP, RSA encryption
- Experience with securing streaming content is a plus
o Effective in small and large group sessions
o Conveys information in understandable terms at all levels of the organization and through proper channels
o Creative and change-oriented Continuous Improvement process skills
o Strong ability to learn
o High energy - Assertive, energetic, and a self-starter
Concurrent - 15 months ago
Concurrent Computer Corporation is a provider of computing technologies and software applications, and related services for the...