Do you want to solve problems instead of sit through meetings? Do you work better as part of a small, focused team? Do you want to feel a sense of ownership in what you do and make a real impact? So do we. We are looking for individuals who love technology, appreciate elegant solutions to hard problems, and want to learn new things. Sense of humor required… Seriously.
ExtraHop Networks is more than just the products we engineer and sell. We’ve built our company from the ground up with the idea of creating great jobs for great people. As a fast-paced startup, each day offers new opportunities to innovate in all areas of the company. We value quality and integrity in everything we do, from interacting with customers to developing the best technology in the industry. We are known as innovators and have received many awards for our team and our products, including Best of Interop, Seattle Business Magazine ’s Innovation of the Year, and 100 Best Companies to Work for in Washington, among others.
If you are a Software Engineer who shares our philosophy, we would like to hear from you! In this key position, you will design, develop, and test features and functionality for the ExtraHop Application Delivery Assurance system. The innovative ExtraHop system is an intelligent, application-aware network device that solves some of the toughest challenges in network and application management and helps to keep applications running at network speed. We are looking for Software Engineers with great ideas and an enthusiasm for elegant code as we continue to expand the functionality of the current ExtraHop products as well as develop other exciting new projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Design and implement the core features and functionality of the ExtraHop system.
- Tune and optimize components to ensure that the product scales to the performance requirements of some of the largest sites on the internet.
- Work closely with the development team to discuss and design solutions to some of the most complex and interesting problems in networking.
- Document software designs via functional specifications and other design documents.
- Four-year degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- 3+ years of professional software-development experience in a Unix-based environment
- Solid knowledge of C/C++ and data structures
- Knowledge and expertise in software-engineering methodologies and effective unit testing
- Protocol-level understanding of how various software components involved in an application stack interact: web servers, application servers, databases, web services, mainframes, network attached storage, DB/App client, and so forth
- Strong problem-solving
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Understanding of enterprise-architecture concepts: 3-tier architecture, high availability/disaster recovery
- Familiarity with the network and application monitoring space
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP
ExtraHop Networks was founded in early 2007 by engineering veterans from F5 Networks and architects of the BIG-IP v9 product. The company’s award-winning ExtraHop Application Delivery Assurance system is the industry’s first completely passive network appliance that provides application-level visibility with no agents, configuration, or overhead.
At ExtraHop Networks, we are focused on building a great company that delivers superior technology and solutions for our customers. We are competitive and professional and enjoy both working and playing hard. Our hiring process is rigorous and selective in nature, designed to provide a great opportunity for career advancement as well as to create a tightly knit team built on mutual respect and trust. We promise an environment where you will have an opportunity to shape your career while playing an instrumental role in building the next great systems company.
ExtraHop Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resumes to email@example.com