Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Job ID: 809615-96307
Division: Online Services Division
The Bing Maps client team is developing intelligent geospatial controls and compelling end-user mapping experiences. Our organization, part of the Online Service Division (OSD), will deliver a platform providing access to the world’s knowledge, building on Bing’s deep understanding of the web and how users interact with it. The geospatial controls we are building will not only be used to deliver experiences in Bing, Windows and Office, but also made available to third parties so they can create personalized apps and experiences. We are looking for talented and self-motivated developers who have a strong passion for 3D visualization to help build these controls. As a developer on the team, you will be working on creating web controls to visualize advanced imagery like StreetsideTM and panoramas that when combined with spatial data and local search can power innovative mapping and augmented reality experiences on the web.
- Design and implement web controls and consumer-facing features of Bing Maps
- Work closely with partner teams and customers in OSD and across the company
- Collaborate with design and PM to create seamless user experiences and components
- Work closely with test and operations to release often and with high quality
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years of development experience, with at least 2 years in web development
- Experience with ASP.NET, IIS, and web services
- Working knowledge of 3D rendering (DirectX, OpenGL, or WebGL graphics apis)
- Attention to detail and passion for quality
- Solid communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Hands on experience with 3D rendering technologies
- Passion for mapping technologies
Microsoft - 6 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's softwa...