Audible.com (a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com ) is looking for a dynamic and motivated software engineer in test to join the Connected Devices team. Audible is the Internet’s leading provider of spoken audio programming – including books of any genre, magazines, radio shows, daily newspapers, and more. As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to help deliver Audible’s next generation of mobile products. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the Apple® iPod®, iPhone, iPad, Amazon Kindle, Android, Blackberry, Palm and more than 500 digital player and devices. Audible prides itself on providing listening experiences that enhance the commute, working out at the gym, or simply relaxing at home.
If you are a sharp, experienced software engineer with a creative edge, strong problem-solving skills, a solid software development foundation and the desire to be an individual contributor to Audible’s next generation technology, we want to talk with you. Joining our team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to deliver software that benefits many customers around the world.
The position requires a strong engineer with experience in testing of mobile applications and services with high-volume transactions with hands-on coding experience in Java and or C++. Qualified candidates will need to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas. The test software you will build should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define test plans, test specifications, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and software quality needs. Writing and executing test plans, designing and developing test tools, debugging and reporting code bugs and pushing quality upstream. Expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration level; provide test scripts that are comprehensive, accurate and repeatable and will test both sunny-day and rainy-day scenarios; Own the maintenance and extension of an entire software development test suites and frameworks and serve as a technical lead within our operations and test team on complex projects. Work closely with the technical leaders to develop the best technical design and approach for testing our functionality at scale. Builds software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Capable of understanding the interaction between the components in a distributed system in order to ensure they are functioning properly. Focused on providing best level of customer experience throughout the mobile applications ad products or any other customer facing application Create and execute appropriate quality plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts; management and execution of project plans and meeting delivery commitments.
- At least 5 years of experience, which may be composed of at least 2 years developing software for testing and 3 years as a QA Engineer, or 5 years as an SDET
- Experience with JUnit, TestNG, mock objects; experience with Make files and Ant build scripts.
- API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks.
- Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software development including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to identify real-world user problems and build technology solutions to solve them
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experience working with service oriented architectures, Spring, Hibernate, Memcached, or similar technologies
- Customer-focused, ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities including excellent judgment, relentlessly high standards, can dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drives innovation in their teams, invokes passion in others, can think big, and delivers results
HTTP protocol knowledge is required, RPC knowledge is a plus. Knowledge of digital content delivery, bit rates, audio formats, or compression a plus.
- Experience with embedded systems, mobile and wireless devices and applications; knowledge of Apple iOS and Android a plus
Amazon.com - 18 months ago