Verathon™ - Software Development Engineer in Test
Verathon has an exciting opportunity in our New Product Development group for a Test Engineer. The Test Engineer will be responsible for executing test plans in accordance with established development and department procedures to insure the production of quality web and device based products. This is an experienced level position for an Engineer of 2 to 5 years of experience.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Research, plan, design, prototype, test, and debug tools for testing high-reliability and high-performance electronic medical devices based on embedded and PC technology
- Develop robust software solutions for testing communication protocols, applications, kernels, and driver level software in an embedded Linux environment
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop advanced solutions to medical problems
- Produce and review design documentation, including system software specifications and related technical documentation
- Write test plans and bug reports
- Conduct in house product validation and verification and lead third party testing
- Assist with product transfer to production
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent technical degree (such as Physics) required
- 2-5+ years of experience developing application software in a team environment preferred
- Hands-on lab skills including prototyping, testing, and debugging.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, DVMs, spectrum analyzers, and other common electronic instruments preferred
- Experience with signal processing, algorithm development, and data analysis preferred
- Experience with object-oriented analysis, design and development
- Strong technical foundation in C++, C
- Experience with Linux programming
- Experience with Static Code Analysis tools
- Good software development process skills
- Good software documentation skills
- Detail oriented, methodical, well organized, and interested in the latest technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, good
- "team player"
"Self-starter," highly motivated, strong commitment to meeting customer needs
- Able to make independent judgments using sound engineering principles and techniques
- Authorized to work in the United States
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.
Verathon - 23 months ago