Come join the Bitcasa team! Take advantage of an amazing opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing start up company. Work in a laid back environment that offers magnificent perks including daily catered lunch, a prime location on Castro street, and of course, an all-star team.
Bitcasa is the personal app that offers access to an Infinite Drive across all devices with support for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Windows RT.
Users never have to worry about running out of disk space again. They can save, access, and share an unlimited number of documents, pictures, music, and movies from any device. Everything is encrypted locally and backed up in the cloud, so user data is always safe and secure.
Bitcasa was founded by former Mastercard and Mozy employees and backed by top-tier investors, including Horizons Ventures, First Round, CrunchFund, Pelion Venture Partners, Samsung Ventures, and Andreessen Horowitz.
Software Development Intern
At Bitcasa, the Software Development Intern will be involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle. He/she will take ownership of a project (or significant component of a larger project) and be responsible for design, development and testing of the software while under the guidance of a senior engineer.
We have opportunities in multiple technologies for the right person – some possible project areas and technologies are:
Our development team is small and everyone works in multiple areas. Technologies you may see include Python, C++, Java, Objective-C, Cocoa, Pyramid, Angular.js.
- Product development – web, mac or windows! Help build a new feature on one of our key products. Perhaps a new sharing feature, or improving how we present photos, or some new idea of your own.
- Data engineering and analytics – take a stream of data, perform basic ETL on it, jam it into a persistent store, then find/build software that can run ad-hoc queries and user defined dashboards against it.
- Network optimization – want to dive into the low levels of our network protocol and help optimize it? We’ll be looking to build out our testing and simulation environment to hyper optimize our network usage.
- Storage engineering – want to get hands on storing PBs worth of data?
The ideal candidate would:
- Be currently in a 4 year engineering/CS degree program
- Have hands on development experience (non-professional is OK)
- Want to live the disruptive start-up life – rapid releases, quick decisions, lots of autonomy
- Have decent Foosball, Chess or Galaga skills (or willingness to learn)
Bitcasa - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Bitcasa offers access to an Infinite Drive across all devices with support for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Windows RT. Users never have...