AmazonFresh is Amazon’s grocery and non-grocery home delivery pilot in Seattle that delivers unique selection and incredible convenience to our customers. Customers order fresh produce, locally-sourced meat and seafood, dry goods, and non-grocery items; select the time slot of their choice for delivery; and find our trucks at their homes when the time arrives.
We have an exciting new product idea and are looking for supremely talented software engineers to be involved in all aspects of taking this business to the next level and delivering a product that is deceptively simple yet will change the way people shop. We are looking for an experienced technical leader to own the development and delivery of this product. This is significant opportunity to materially impact the AmazonFresh business and to grow as an engineering manager.
The AmazonFresh engineering team is responsible for the entire e-commerce software stack for this business, from the customer-facing website to mobile applications to inventory optimization and more. The team uses agile software development methodologies to solve complex technical problems in domains including distributed systems, website and mobile application development, personalization, product search, quantitative optimization, and usability.
You should be passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience and leading the development of high quality, well tested, maintainable code using Ruby, Rails, Java, MySQL, and other open source technologies. We use Scrum, Kanban, test-driven development, and pair programming to meet business objectives, building our software incrementally, ship code continuously, and refactoring systems as needed. We strive to maintain a reasonable work-life balance on our team by setting the expectation that most work will be completed during core hours. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
- At least six years of experience writing production code of increasing complexity
- At least three years of experience managing technical staff
- Demonstrated success delivering multi-person technical projects
- Demonstrated success hiring and developing technical talent
- Demonstrable technical architecture skills
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience in mobile application development
- Experience applying service-oriented architecture techniques to production use cases
Amazon.com - 12 months ago