The Amazon.com Instant Video team is looking for a smart, motivated, and results-oriented software development manager to join the team. We are a high-energy and innovative group changing the way customers watch TV and movies.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering world-class digital media experiences to our customers. Successful candidates for this position will be self-starters with strong problem solving skills who love getting things done. Strong communication skills and a desire to tackle complex problems that emerge from driving a large business at Amazon are also a must.
You will lead a team of smart, dedicated engineers delivering large-scale, distributed systems for receiving, encoding and distributing digital video. If you are customer oriented and are interested in cutting-edge consumer electronics and digital video, this is the job for you.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 5+ years people management experience
- 2+ years of experience managing managers
- Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
- Experience in encoding and delivering video at scale
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Team player who thrives on working hard, getting stuff done, and having fun!
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...