High Visibility | Massive Scale | Worldwide Expansion | Industry Innovation | Direct Customer Impact
Do you want to own services that empower millions of Prime members worldwide to enjoy their Prime benefits? Do you want to build a cutting edge platform that can expand Prime benefits rapidly and easily as the Prime member base and programs grow in size and complexity? The Prime team is looking for an experienced, results-oriented software manager to own, define and build a scalable, extensible platform to support the Prime business expansion worldwide .
As a technical leader, you will be a critical part of enabling the launch of new, highly visible business initiatives. You will lead and grow a team of Software Development Engineers to work on complex, large-scale systems. You will manage your team’s deliverables and software development process. You will drive the technical vision and roadmap of your engineering team and will have a major stake in the strategic direction of your software. You will own the operational health of your software by partnering with the Operations team and ensuring best practices for software quality, maintainability, performance, and monitoring.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering high quality software.
- 3+ years of experience managing 4 or more Software Development Engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of industry experience with track record of building and operating mission critical production software systems
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented design and languages and service-oriented architecture
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical vision and customer focus
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online....