Title: Software Development Manager (UI)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Reports To: Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Ariba, an SAP Company makes business commerce as easy as consumer commerce.
Every day, we help our customer find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. We enable the collaboration through the Ariba Network – a cloud-based community where you will find buying, selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and PayPal. We also host other online communities where business commerce professionals network and share information and best practices, just like friends on Facebook.
- Work with some of the brightest engineers in the Bay Area
- Solve some of the world’s most challenging large-scale, cloud-based issues
- 20 PTO DAYS + Winter break between Christmas and New Year’s Day ~ Paid!
- 10 holidays
- Beer/wine bash every Friday
- Be a part of the networked economy innovator
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead a dynamic team of engineers.
- Interface with internal teams, customers, and partners.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and business unit leadership in developing project objectives and timelines.
- Get involved at a hands-on level designing and writing code.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Define project and release scope.
- Develop project plans and deliverable.
- Work with the team on detailed technical design.
- Drive detailed definition of feature requirements through discussions with product managers and customers.
- Work closely with QA to define test plans and test cases for applications.
- Mentor junior engineers through formal and informal discussions, code reviews, design reviews, technical presentations, or as a consultant on projects.
- BS in Computer Science, MS a plus.
- 8+ years experience developing production-grade web applications (Java preferred).
- 5+ years of hands on Java and J2EE experience including (3+ years direct programming experience with user interface frameworks (Struts, JSF, Tapestry, Rails, ZK, Wicket, GWT, etc)).
- History of demonstrated technical leadership on large complex projects and is a problem solver as well as technical innovator.
- Passion for UI development, UI “smarts” and a bias toward building frameworks.
- First-class object-oriented design and programming skills.
- Ability to motivate and demonstrate technical leadership.
- Demonstrated independence, creativity and initiative and the ability to understand the company’s architecture and business goals.
- Ability to form strong cross-functional relationships and lead a cross organizational project team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.