Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle and the new Kindle Fire. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
As a Software Build and Release Manager, you will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of build engineers responsible for embedded devices. In this position you will partner with product managers, project managers, user experience designers, and other internal resources. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
We are seeking a hands-on manager to lead the Kindle Software Release team. Our team practices agile, fast-paced development that relies heavily on extremely cross-functional team across the entire development organization, from hardware to applications. This position requires a self-motivated leader with strong technical and communication skills to handle responsibilities which includes leading the release team to develop high quality software. This is a very visible and cross functional role that will be working with software engineering, Project Managers, Hardware teams, and other departments around the company. As manager of this team, you will own the project management for developing Kindle Software Release builds, including daily software builds and software deliverables to the contract manufacturer.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, equivalent experience, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience or background in Build and Release Engineering.
- 7+ years of management experience.
- Programming skills in Perl, and shell scripting.
- Experience with make, ANT, and Eclipse development platform.
- Experience setting up and/or maintaining automated build system.
- Good understanding of the integration between automated software test and the build process.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Proven experience to thrive in a complex software systems involving multi-platform development environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with product development (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services), service-oriented architecture.
- Familiarity with consumer hardware development process and lifecycle is a plus.
Lab126 - 22 months ago