The Company A leader in providing web based video chat systems, Accretive Technology Group (ATG) has been in business for 15 years and is going strong. A privately held company with no debt and over 150 employees, we are growing and looking for talented people like you. |
We offer a competitive salary, 100% employer paid medical, vision and dental insurance, 401k with 50% match, subsidized transportation passes/parking and a profit sharing program. Addtional perks include: catered lunches, bagel/fruit Fridays, free coffee, tea, monthly team events and company paid events like trips to Europe, Brazil, Tahiti, Disneyland, cruises, paintball, family picnics, holiday dinners/parties and more.
The Position We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a close knit group of 10-20 software developers to help us improve our skills and capabilities.
We work in an Agile/Scrum environment, planning our work in two week iterations and work together to complete the work.
The group is responsible for:
Our technology stack is PHP, Perl and MySQL.
- building and maintaining a billing system requiring high availability and capable of scaling to massive traffic levels
- integrating our billing system with third party credit card providers around the world
- providing business intellgence services (reports and data extracts) for the organization
- building tools and resolving support questions from internal business groups such as customer service, reseller support, accounting and marketing
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work with Lead Software developers to organize and plan the work for the team
- Facilitates communication throughout the team, department and organization
- Work with stakeholders to identify and define new opportunities and prioritize work
- Hires and manages team of software developers, coach them to succeed and help them grow their careers
- Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with organizational objectives
- Evaluates the team ’s and individual ’s performance and makes compensation recommendations
- Identifies and makes recommendations for improvements to processes
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies
- Interface with a internal customers to understand requirements, priorities and processes
- Schedule and conduct team building activities
- We would prefer a local candidate but are willing to discuss relocation options with highly qualified candidates
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- At least 5 years of experience managing a software development team or acting in a technical leadership role and a proven track record of leading others to deliver results
- A strong background in software development, with at least 3 years of hands-on coding experience and relational databases
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Accretive Technology Group - 13 months ago