LOUD Technologies Inc. is one of the world’s largest dedicated pro audio and music products companies. As the corporate parent for world-recognized brands Ampeg@, Blackheart@, Crate@, EAW@, Mackie@ and Martin Audio@, LOUD engineers, markets and distributes a wide range of professional audio and musical instrument products worldwide. Our product lines include sound reinforcement systems, analog and digital mixers, guitar and bass amplifiers. These products can be found in professional and project recording studios, video and broadcast suites, post-production facilities, sound reinforcement applications including houses of worship, stadiums, nightclubs, retail locations, and on major musical concert tours.
The Software Development Manager works across our digital mixer and control surfaces dev teams, and is primarily responsible for software design and development activities on user interfaces, control protocols, and embedded host systems. This app software can run on iOS, Android, Mac and PC, and controls a system of audio device including digital audio mixers and digital control surfaces and networked audio speakers. Responsibilities include overall software systems architecture, protocol development, software resource management and coaching, developing and maintaining process documentation, UI concepting and development, comms layer development, firmware development, software systems test procedures, software feasibility estimates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Software resource planning and management
- Software development tracking
- Software systems architecture
- Protocol development
- Source code management
- Feasibility estimates
- Software systems architecture
- GUI development – Win/Mac/iOS app development with Xcode
- Graphics customization for app development
- Communication protocols e.g. BT LE, and WiFi and Apple MFi, Ethernet, AVB
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, verbally & in writing.
- Assertive interpersonal & problem solving skills that build consensus & resolve issues.
- Word & Excel skills required; MS Project highly desired
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Provide schedule estimates to Program Managers and Project Managers
- Graphic user interface development on iOS
- Communications layer development for BT and WiFi and USB over MFi
- System testing of software and firmware
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
BSEE/CS or equivalent, with an emphasis on user interface development for embedded systems, and 10+ year experience as a developer. 2+ years experience as software lead or software project management. An interest in hardware systems development is highly regarded, as is the ability to play a musical instrument.
The position requires schedule flexibility to meet deadlines.
LOUD Technologies offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, PTO, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending and 401k, plus great extras including great employee product discounts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age, ancestry or handicap. Please notify us if you need accommodation or assistance during the pre-employment screening.
Be the first one to know about the LOUD opportunities by following us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/loud-technologies
Please do not call to inquire about the position.
No agencies please.