Responsible for managing a team of developers in designing and maintaining software applications.
- Responsible for software development projects following a formal process, including software design, code reviews, use of software standards, and testing.
- Provide application support, analysis, and design related to applications running expansive business systems/functions globally.
- Oversee the design, development and testing of new applications, as well as interfaces.
- Prepare, review and approve documents, including requirements analysis, design, unit testing plans, release notes and user guides etc.
- Collaborate effectively with other groups and business partners.
- Deliver training, supervision and mentoring to the software development team.
- Investigate, recommend and implement new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
- Rich knowledge on defining project scope, deliverables and team requirements.
- Ability to lead project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
- Proficient with various technology, which may include: Linux, ASP, .NET, Informatica, SharePoint, Java, Java Development, J2EE, EJB, Java Script, DHTML, AJAX, SOAP, WS-I, C, C##-, VB, Shell Scripts, and SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with leading multi-disciplinary software development teams.
- Able to work successfully in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment and effectively multi-task priorities in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally and domestically.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements and schedules
- Bachelor''s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 7-10 years of related software development experience, including 2-5 years of management experience within a multi-site environment.
- Experience managing a regionally disperse, multi-national workforce.
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.