Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) is looking for a software development manager to lead a team of talented software engineers. We are leading Internet of Things (IoT) efforts within Toshiba. We develop products and services in the cloud using Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS and on iOS and Android mobile apps. The opportunity is available with the Document Solutions Engineering (DSE) division, headquartered in Irvine, CA.
As a software development manager, you will drive day-to-day execution for our software engineers to design, implement and test web applications built on a Microsoft web stack (ASP.net, MVC) and establish software development best practices for agile cloud development. In addition, you will lead mobile app developments to support our mobile initiatives.
We are a high energy and fast paced team using Agile/Scrum methodology. The ideal candidate is a hands-on manager who has a passion for technology, architecture and leadership. Must be able to drive multiple projects in parallel while maintaining a high quality standard for the deliverables.
- Manage software design, implementation and schedule for the cloud and the mobile projects.
- Lead software architecture and provide technical leadership to other members in the team.
- Develop project schedules and be responsible for ensuring software development per schedule.
- Ensure that the product requirements are complete and testable.
- Work closely with engineering and business stakeholders on the product roadmap.
- Assist in improving our software development process and the test environment/methodology.
- Mentor and build a strong team.
- BS/MS in EE or CS with 10+ years of software development experience.
- At least 3+ years of people management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft technologies, such as ASP.net, MVC, WCF and Azure.
- Experience in advanced programming languages, such as C#, C++ or Java.
- Understanding of the challenges of software development and testing and have the ability to work across all areas of the SDLC.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Hands-on development experiences on both Windows and Linux.
- Hands-on mobile (iOS/Android) development is desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Toshiba America Business Solutions - 8 months ago