The WP Engine team is growing so we are seeking candidates for our Software Development Manager position. This newly created role will be responsible for leading and growing the software development team with a passion for building stuff that customers (and WordPress developers) love, finds solving problems irresistible (and demand more) and enjoys building and leading a small team with an established culture of working collaboratively in a start-up (yes, that means being on call a lot) environment.
Rather than us talking about us, our customers can and already have. Visit our site for more of these great testimonials and other stuff- http://wpengine.com/testimonials/
About the Position
Reporting to the VP of IT and Operations, the Software Development Manager will have both strategic and tactical responsibilities for the software development life cycle. Specific responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with executive leaders and peer managers within operations, sales, marketing, customer and technical support, develop, launch and support internal and external customer-centric products
- Provide day-to-day management of software development team, serving as mentor to individual contributors including on-going performance evaluation as well as screening and hiring new personnel.
Currently the team is responsible for:
- Developing in-house and customer-facing tools to automate processes, proactively detect and fix problems, empower tech support, and support customers, especially customers who are technical developers
- Developing new web applications for WordPress consultants
- Developing and releasing open source plugins to the WordPress community
- Optimizing slow sites from every point in the stack -- in-browser, advertisements, caching, PHP profiling, MySQL
- Under leadership of VP of IT and Operations, set priorities and advance projects from development through implementation, including staffing requirements, work plans, reporting, timelines, milestones and quality standards
Our ideal candidate will be a passionate, creative technical leader possessing both vision and pragmatism. Specific qualifications include:
- 10+ years of software development experience to include 5+ years in technical leadership of small team, working hands-on in development
- Demonstrable experience growing and leading a team in LAMP environment that has developed and launched customer-loving product(s)
- Ability to work as an effective leader and develop working relationships needed to accomplish organizational goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong business judgment, and high level of initiative, creativity and flexibility
- Capable of multitasking and thriving in a dynamic, small company, start up environment
- WordPress experience is a major plus but at least an infatuation that could grow into love is required
's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
WP Engine - 22 months ago
WP Engine is the premier, WordPress-only hosting company. We serve 100,000,000 requests daily, each one carefully and continuously tuned for...