Software Development Manager
WhiteHat Security is the industry leader in Web (or application) security, with an impressive client list of Fortune 500 companies. While most companies are diligent in protecting their networks, websites have emerged as the number one target for attacks. Website attacks can be catastrophic to a company and WhiteHat helps clients mitigate risks before they can be exploited. Founded in 2001 by Jeremiah Grossman – a former Yahoo! Information Security Officer and application security pioneer, WhiteHat combines a revolutionary, cloud-based technology platform with an extraordinary team of the best application security experts in the business (our team includes super talented folks from the likes of Google, Yahoo!, HP and BigFix (IBM) to name just a few.) This incredible combination of resources enables our customers in key verticals including e-commerce, financial services, information technology, and healthcare, to prevent damaging hacker attacks.
Not only are our products and technology leading the industry, but we have a thriving culture and impressive team that collectively make WhiteHat an exceptional place to work. If you are seeking a leading edge technology company where you can make a tremendous impact and build your career in meaningful ways, take a look at us! We'd love the opportunity to get to know you.
It’s no secret that WhiteHat Security has been growing. We’ve become one of the largest talent pools of Perl and Python engineers in the bay area. Our development team has tripled in size in the last two years and our growth momentum is increasing.
As a WhiteHat Software Development Manager you will lead and manage architects and developers in our engineering organization. You will have responsibility for guiding your team toward delivering high performing, excellent quality, and fully functional software on a timely basis. You will also be responsible for working with members of Product Management, QA, IT and our Threat Research Center to establish clarity of objectives and surface project status.
To all recruitment agencies: WhiteHat Security does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WhiteHat employees or any other company location. WhiteHat is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- BA/BS degree with at least 2 years of management and 5 years of experience working as a developer.
- Experience in developing client, server, and web applications in a fast paced environment is strongly desired.
- Experience working in Agile is strongly desired
- Scrum Master Certification or experience is a big plus
- Experience managing direct reports is strongly desired
- Experience in delivering APIs, web services, and tools is desired.
- Experience in managing senior and junior level developers, front end and back end development, architecture, business logic, and data.
- Experience in delivering projects with lightweight requirements.
- Must have expertise in object-oriented design and programming.
- Must have experience in at least two major languages and platforms such as Java, C/C++, C#, Python, J2EE, Spring MVC, .NET, LAMP, or Ruby on Rails.
- Must have working knowledge of HTTP/S, HTML, JS, web servers, application servers, SQL, and databases.
- Prefer experience with Linux, VMware, JIRA, SVN, Eclipse, Apache, Solr, Hadoop, PostgresSQL, Python, Django, REST, Ajax, JSON, and jQuery.
- Familiarity with either Perl or Python is a big plus.
Submit Your Resume › ›