Under the direction of the CTO, the Software Development Manager’s main function is to supervise and direct both the software development and product support teams to complete company projects on time and within budget.
- Works with CTO to define department goals and overall direction but is expected to show a high level of creativity in implementing these goals.
- Works closely with the Solutions Architecture Team to help define the technical approach to product development.
- Coordinates with Account Managers to address client support issues.
- Collaborates with product management establishing and ultimately accountable for timeframes for development work and coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of the software development and product support teams.
- Tracks and reports project status to various internal and external teams.
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques and annual reviews.
- Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained.
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of Tier 2 processes.
- Manage Tier 2 and Tier 3 support staff to SLA*s and client satisfaction KPIs.
- Review open development enhancements, defects, and technical support issues on a daily basis. Make adjustments as necessary to insure that resource assignment, prioritization, and defect verification are handled in an optimal way.
- Coordinate monthly service pack (defect) releases for our flagship product, Access Express.
Hands-on Healthcare Application development background.
Desired Candidate Profile:
Minimum of 5 years of proven management/ leadership experience in a software development organization required.
Must have at least 2 years experience working through the design, development, release and deployment cycle delivering software to market.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Technical writing experience, preferably documenting system procedures.
Strong systems experience and ability to learn new system structures.
Firm understanding of claims systems and processes, utilization review and management concepts and finance systems.
Ability to understand system interfaces and organization operations and to work as a team member to identify issues and develop solutions.
Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to review information to resolve user problems.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of system hardware and ability to resolve hardware problems and train staff.
Qualified candidates can forward their updated resume along with cover letter to email@example.com or Fill up Quick Apply Form .
- Heavy development background with .Net and SQL.
- Proven background in developing/improving Healthcare applications.
- Sound experience with Software development methodologies (Scrum preferred).
Wincere - 11 months ago