The Zillow Rentals team is looking for a smart, creative, and detail-oriented Software Development Project Manager to help us build a more efficient and coordinated development process and grow into driving product initiatives.
PMs play a pivotal role at Zillow; they interact with people from every part of the company (strategy, design, development, operations, and sales). If you’re up for a fun challenge, we’d love to have you join our team!
Your responsibilities will be to maximize the efficiency of our engineering team, paying close attention to our engineering throughput, setting expectations clearly for business teams, listen for and remove engineering obstacles, negotiate around interdependencies with other teams, and keep senior management and business teams updated on project timelines and feature lists.
Who you are:
What you’re good at:
- Love working in teams
- 2+ years experience in a PM role
- Have worked through at least one full product life cycle
- Have experience building software for the internet
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and disciplined cat herder
- Bachelors degree, preferably in CS or another technical field
- Discipline. You will be responsible for keeping a variety of projects on schedule; executing consistently and asking for the same of others will be critical.
- Organization. It will be up to you to keep track of a variety of different projects, timelines, feature backlogs, and dependencies, making good use of the right tools and methodologies to do so.
- Details. Zillow Rentals runs on a multitude of different systems; every new layer exponentially increases the number of things that could go wrong and must be tracked.
- Communication. The complexity of our organization requires keeping a variety of teams up-to-date on all projects that are underway. Compiling clear, concise updates on a weekly and monthly basis will be one of your key roles.
- Creative. Few of our challenges have easy solutions, every day you will have the opportunity to contribute by asking hard questions to test whether we have the best solution.
- Fun. We are a close knit group who believes in a work hard, play hard environment. You may find yourself playing keep away from our office dog Summer or taking on our execs in ping pong.
- Growth. Over time, we want you to define projects, drive requirements, write detailed functional specifications, and coordinate feature team efforts.
Zillow (NASDAQ: Z) is the leading real estate information marketplace, providing vital information about homes, real estate listings and...