XAP Corporation, the industry leader in developing and providing students and adults with the online tools to explore careers and explore, plan, and apply to colleges and universities, has an internship opportunity for a Software Documentation Technician to join their Culver City team. The company pioneered the development of the electronic college application, the electronic transcript, and Internet-based student management systems enabling students to apply to college online.
The Position: Reporting to the Senior Software Developer, the Software Documentation Technician is responsible for detailed software documentation for development across all product lines. This includes having an understanding of business requirements as well as the underlying system architecture in order to implement application-level features. This student will work as a member of the development team that will improve documentation and processes to maximize efficiency, and meet deadlines.
The Responsibilities: Agile, customer-focused (both internal and external) software
development is critical to maintaining XAP’s position as a market leader. While not all-inclusive,
specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Draft, review and improve software documentation.
- Verify that software documentation is correct and up-to-date.
- Assist Software Developers in development of new documentation.
- Multitask between regular task requests, small projects, and as a team member on larger projects.
- Aid in conversion to new technologies.
- Work with all popular web browsers.
Education: Currently enrolled, or recently graduated with a B.S. or M.S. program in Computer Science or related degree.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation in English is required.
- Ability to read software written in C# and Classic Asp 3.0.
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must face challenges head on and demonstrate innovative thinking.
- Must be a creative thinker with exceptional analytical skills.
- Must have ability to work collaboratively with a variety of teams and team members.
Qualities and Attributes: The student in this role must possess a "can do" customer service focused demeanor that will contribute to the timely and robust delivery of client solutions and new products. The student in this role will possess the ability to analyze and define problems, prioritize work flow, multitask, meet deadlines, and remain flexible. He/she will also possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills and maintain confidentiality, when appropriate. The ability to collaborate effectively, is a must.
Job Type: This is a flexible schedule paid Internship with a possibility of permanent employment.
The Company: XAP is the industry leading Technology Company that develops and provides students and adults with the online tools to explore careers and explore, plan and apply to colleges and universities. The company pioneered the development of the electronic college application, the electronic transcript, and Internet-based student management systems enabling students to apply to college online. XAP processes more than 4 million electronic college applications, and 1.5 million electronic transcripts annually making it the largest provider of these services in North America. XAP’s products are used by more than 900 colleges and universities and more than 8,000 middle and high schools in the United States and Canada and several other countries around the world.
To learn more about XAP Corporation, please visit our website at www.xap.com.