A key contributor to Livescribe’s Product-Engineering Team, the person in this role will develop our HTML5 player application. That application allows a user to interact with the ink and audio content he creates create with his Livescribe smartpen. The player is fully interactive, web-based and multi-platform, and streams and interacts with data stored in various places simultaneously: in the cloud, and locally.
We are seeking an expert engineer who has hands-on experience with multi-media HTML5, and multi-media web/mobile products. The team is highly collaborative, and works Agile.
- BS in CS or equivalent
- Solid Computer Science knowledge
- Integration with various flavors of web API: s from JS
- Audio and graphics expertise
- Shipped at least 2 products containing extensive use of JS
- Contribute to the technical design and implementation of software for existing and future products that will drive and expand the future of digital handwriting and audio.
- Contribute to an international high performance development team; engage cross functionally to ensure that designs and development satisfy product requirements, ensure customer quality and are delivered on time.
- Apply your knowledge of HTML5 technology and designs in the development of flexible architectures and APIs.
- Demonstrate technical and execution competence and the ability to take ownership of projects from early stage design through development and deployment.
- Ensure robustness and correctness of the system by applying best test practices and by promoting the use of those practices within the broader engineering team.
- Help the team to drive the analysis and resolution of key quality issues and performance problems impacting design and production.
- Effectively communicate cross functionally and across department boundaries