Perform research activities in the area of storage systems, large-scale storage solutions, warehouse computing systems, big data, cloud-based storage solutions, novel storage architecture and systems solutions for data storage and retrieval as well as the integration and/or design of storage devices.
Are you passionate about cutting edge technologies, have a start-up mindset and want to work in a proven "Best Places to Work" company?
Do you enjoy participating in technical projects, early prototyping, and being a technical force through proof of concept?
Are you passionate about discovering new solutions in:
The Advanced Technology Group is the innovation incubator within NetApp, responsible for researching, prototyping, and evaluating new ideas. We work directly with internal product groups to apply these ideas to existing and future products, thus having a directional impact on the Storage Industry. We also take pride in sponsoring university research and collaborate with research groups at many U.S. Universities.
- Data management & next generation storage architectures
- Flash/PCM technologies
- Cloud storage
- Virtualization & server architectures
- Big Data analytics and cloud computing
- Parallel programming for scalable services
- Automatic diagnosis, prediction, decision making, machine learning
- Network virtualization and programmable software-defined networks
- Distributed software architecture
- File systems design, security, deduplication, scalability and performance
In this role, you will participate in all phases of project development, from definition and design through technology transfer including:
- Concept Research & Analysis
- Software development, test, delivery
- Reliability & Performance analysis
- Publication generation and Presentation both internally and externally Job Requirements Skills and Experience:
Experience with Kernel programming internals
Unix BSD Linux Windows.
File system knowledge
Familiarity common file system architectures
In depth knowledge of one or more core kernel functions:
Network protocol implementation
Resource allocation and management
File system implementation
- Strong programming skills & experience with distributed systems programming concepts
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and demonstrate leadership potential.
- A strong understanding of complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices.
- Ability to develop long-range project plans and schedules for individual or work for a small team.
- Strong presentation and verbal / written communication skills. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is preferred
- A Master Degree, or a PhD in Computer Science; or equivalent experience is required. Posting Category Software Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park Requisition Number 20682BR
NetApp - 20 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....