Data is at the core of everything we do at WhitePages, and as a member of the Data Team, you will be instrumental in defining, driving and extending the vision for WhitePages data. You will be identifying new ways to improve and enhance the value of our data by improving its freshness, accuracy, breadth, and depth. You will be looking for new data sources, and exploring new ways to develop and deliver new insights for our users. You will be building the infrastructure that allows us to deliver data to our applications reliably, accurately, and at scale.
You appreciate that the value of data is realized through effective engineering, modeling, and analysis, and you have strong skills and passion for all three. You are equally comfortable building large-scale systems and conducting analyses that demonstrate the value of new and existing data sources. You are interested in all phases of the data lifecycle: understanding and onboarding data from multiple providers in an automated and rigorous way, building and maintaining data models that support analysis and feature development, and developing systems that meet high standards of data integrity and availability.
If you are passionate about data and big data processes and enjoy working with others who feel the same way, then this is a truly unique and exciting opportunity. Send us your resume today so we can start a conversation!
You must have
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or related field (e.g. engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics)
- Deep experience coding in a modern object-oriented language (Java, C++, Ruby)
- Strong software engineering skills as demonstrated in large-scale project work, preferably in an agile/incremental environment
- A passion for big data and big data manipulation
- A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement
- Experience in database design, implementation and maintenance
- At least one year of software development experience as a full-time employee in a non-academic environment.
Extra points if you have
- Experience building automated data pipelines (ETL)
- Experience building production systems on a NoSQL platform
- Experience building large-scale systems with technologies like Hadoop, Pig, Solr, Lucene, and Mahout
- Experience applying machine-learning and data-mining technologies in a production setting
- Competency in statistical modeling and inference
- Software development experience in a fast-paced commercial setting
- An advanced degree, especially in an area related to data modeling, analysis, and inference
We're headquartered in the heart of downtown Seattle, but we are expanding our engineering presence in midtown New York City. We have strong company values and culture, and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer.
Whitepages is the leading source for contact information in North America and is at the forefront of developing services that help people...