Data is at the core of everything we do, and as a member of the Data Team, you will be instrumental in defining, driving and extending the vision for WhitePages data. You will be identifying new ways to improve and enhance the value of our data by improving its freshness, accuracy, breadth, and depth. You will be looking for new data sources, and exploring new ways to develop and deliver new insights for our users.
As a data scientist and engineer you appreciate that the value of data is realized through effective modeling, analysis, and engineering, and you have strong skills and passion for all three. You enjoy doing analytic work, prototyping new features, and collaborating closely with engineering teams to bring new ideas, technology, and features to our users. You are interested in all phases of the data lifecycle: understanding and onboarding data from multiple providers in an automated and rigorous way, building and maintaining data models that support analysis and feature development, and developing systems that meet high standards of data integrity and availability.
If you are passionate about data and big data processes and analysis and enjoy working with others who feel the same way, then this is a truly unique and exciting opportunity. Send us your resume today so we can start a conversation!
You must have…
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or related field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering)
- A passion for big data and big data manipulation
- A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement
- Strong demonstrated software engineering skills, preferably in an agile/incremental environment
- Experience in database design, implementation and maintenance
- Significant experience applying machine-learning and data-mining technologies in a production setting
Extra points if you have…
- An advanced degree, especially in an area related to data modeling, analysis, and inference
- Experience building large-scale systems with technologies like Hadoop, Pig, Solr, Lucene, and Mahout
- Competency in statistical modeling and inference
- Experience building production systems on a NoSQL platform
We're headquartered in the heart of downtown Seattle, and that's where our engineering team works their magic. We've got sales folks across the country, including an office in New York. We have strong company values and culture, and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer.
Whitepages.com - 2 years ago